20% OFF WITH CODE - BLACKFRIDAYGETUP
15 high street, Droitwich
01905 827 303
The Rise Of Petro-Chemicals - 4x More Dangerous Than Plastics
Posted on March 16 2020,
A great video about plastics destroying the oceans eco-system. But, it’s not just plastic pollution we need to worry about in our oceans.
Every day, tens of millions of people will be washing their dishes, clothes and bodies with products that contain harsh chemicals. You simply wash all this product off and away it goes down the drain, no longer your problem.
It has to go somewhere, and it will eventually find its way into the ocean. Whilst it does go through a purification process, this process is not coping, and the ocean is becoming polluted because of this.
Well, I only go in the ocean once or twice a year when I’m on holiday so how bad is this problem? Let’s not forget how incredibly vital the ocean is to life as we know it. The ocean provides over 70% of the oxygen we breathe and 97% of the worlds water supply. Starting to get where we’re going with this?
It’s not just chemicals we use at home affecting our oceans. There’s chemicals dumped from factories, discharge of untreated raw sewage, urbanization, oil spills and human littering.
Petro-Chemicals found in polluted water can contaminate the water supplies that come full circle and back into your home. Some of the water borne diseases are:
- Paratyphoid Fever
Specific impacts contaminated water can have on your health? See below!
- Pesticides are a nasty one. Not only can they damage our nervous system and cause cancer because of the carbonates and organophosphates, they can cause reproductive and endocrinal damage.
- Nitrates are big one to be aware of for babies who drink formula milk. It can lead to a restriction of how much oxygen is reaching the brain and cause the ‘blue baby’ syndrome.
- Lead can build up in our bodies and damage our nervous systems.
- Arsenic causes liver damage, skin cancer and vascular diseases.
- Flourides in excess can make your teeth yellow!
- Petrochemicals, one that we love to talk about but with risk of sounding like a broken record are SO bad for you. Even with just a small amount of exposure to Petrochemicals can lead to cancer.
- Stomach aches & diarrhoea are a common one.